Help lead the Democratic Party on its path to success by running to fill a seat on the Upper St. Clair Democratic Committee. As a committee member, you have a role in:
- Shaping the vision of the party;
- Conducting outreach to voters;
- Sharing the views on people in your Ward and District to leaders; and
- Recruiting and supporting candidates.
To be a strong organization, the committee needs to be comprised of members diverse backgrounds and diverse ideas. As the United States experiment has proven, diversity makes a group stronger, and committee want to grow strong through its diversity.
You do not have to be a committee person to be an agent of change and contribute, but your voice would be a major asset to the committee as a member
If you are interested in running, please fill out this survey. A committee officer can help you find Democrats in your ward and district.
- Committee members should attend as many of the monthly meetings and other events as possible.
- Committee members are strongly encouraged to work the Upper St. Clair Day booth.
- Committee members vote in the endorsement meetings.
- Committee members will support Democratic Candidates.
How to Run
What are the steps to run?
- Obtain a petition form from the Allegheny County Board of Elections – Available on February 6
- Obtain ten (10) or more signatures of registered Democrats from your District – Starting February 13
- Have the petition form notarized
- Submit the petition form to the Allegheny County Board of Elections – Due March 6
What are the requirements to run?
- You must be a registered Democrat, and
- You must be a resident in the Ward and District you wish to represent.
- If you are not sure what ward you are in, there is a guide to look up your information.
- Each District is represented by two Democrats of different genders.
- The committee election will be part of the Pennsylvania Primary May 15. If you run for the committee, your name will appear on the ballot for Democratic voters in your Ward and District.
Following the committee election, the committee members will select officers to fill the roles of Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary, and Treasurer.